Sunday, February 3, 2008

Chicken fried rice @ Punjabi times


"Punjabi Chicken fried rice" is what the menu card read. Hopeful, that this won't be like the painful debacle faced at Empire (which went undocumneted as this blog wasnt born then), I ordered it. And wonderful it was ! Not the bland, chinese style fried rice but authentic north Indian "spicy" fried rice with tasty morsels of chicken seamlessly blending with the rice and veggies as if they were born with them. Like twins.

The pickle at Punjabi times deserves a special mention. It is tasty, really tasty. And not the paste like goo they serve at most places but hard, greenish like real unripe mangoes. Helped myself with generous helpings of it. The roasted saunf and jaggery at the end are the perfect conclusion to a satisfying and tasty meal. Not to mention the large comfy pillows at the seats. Punjabi times lives upto its reputation. Yet again !

Nice meal, a bit on the costly side, but what the heck. Sunday lunches are supposed to be delicious and lazy. Am off to my siesta. Bon Appetit folks !

6 comments:

Neha said...

Sounds yummy...Where exactly is the place??

veikiin said...

@neha

exactly opposite to Shoppers stop, Banerghatta road.

Good point, I'll mention the location of the restaurants as well from my next post onwards.

Merci !

Nipun said...

Dude whats with the pink background.
And your blog reminds of the good food I am missing out.(Becomes sad and looks blankly at the *hamburger*)

veikiin said...

@nipun

pink - don't ask ! it kinda goes with the food theme ..doesnt it ?

Yeah I know the feeling yar..6 months in swissland..!

Way FInder said...

yo man, Punjabi Times's food is really awesome. They have very genuine Punjabi taste. And how come you didn't mention the interior of restra, that also needs a line or 2 form you.

veikiin said...

@ashu

Yes I totally agree. Actually was concentrating on the food itself, but I know ambience also kinda stirrs up your appetite, so there : point taken. I did mention the pillows though, they affected me directly :P