Monday, February 4, 2008

Good old Chung's


Location : Near JayDeva flyover, 5 minutes walk from OnMobile office.

Chung's has a special place in my heart. One of my friends once commented that,"I have never visited Chung's and come unsatisfied". How true ! And, I think of this statement everytime I visit that place. Although I havent yet talked about the legendary Dragon Chicken Chopsey they serve, this post is about the Chicken Kwai Thai (Delicious Malaysian Noodles) I had a chance of devouring at Satisa's treat this afternoon. Now, heres an important note : Kwai Thai (not sure about the spelling) in itself is quite delicious and filling but it may get a little dry for a typical curry lover like myself. So order a chilly chicken gravy or a chicken leefo gravy to go with it and you have yourself a fantablous combo.

Also. the quantity at Chung's deserves a special mention. For a glutton like myself the quantity is awesome. For my frailer friends who don't "Live to eat", well sometimes it can get a little too much. So take a friend along and share if you think you can't finish the dish by yourself but if you are not visiting Chung's and classifying it as just another Chinese restaurant, well you are in for a surprise and a pleasent one at that..!

Bon Appetit folks..!

4 comments:

Gaurav said...

Nice blog to have. I think you should mention the location of the restraunt you talking about too.

I've had Chungs at Inidranagar and Church Street. Its good, and I like to stick to the regular noodles menu ;)

Choupsey at the MG Road one was great. real good.

Keep us posted

veikiin said...

Yeah location was necessary, have added that. Thanks.

You got to explore beyond the noodles friend, the whole exciting and delicious world of Chinese food awaits you. Welcome!

suyash said...

Nice blog yaar... and every word is true.. i commit a sin (sins as defined by bible) every time I visit chung's and that is "gluttony". God forbid me . keep writing dude.

veikiin said...

Merci Beacoup mon ami.. :)

Am looking forward to reading your blog soon :)